Monday, April 23, 2007

Evaporated

I think part of the reason I haven't posted anything in a while is due to the fact that my parents are currently overseas and have taken the camera with them. Who wants to hear about life unless it's in full colour?!
I'll do what I can with the few images I have from the dodgy camera (which no longer works at all) and perhaps even insert some text. Here are my highlights since the last post...in point form because I can't deal with prose right now.
  • Working at the tie store is DUNZO :)
  • I went to a gelati appreciation course and tried every flavour
    (plus it was free!)
  • I worked a couple days at a school holiday program.
    Prep kids are awesome.
  • I'm now officially working for Day Dreamers...a kids' indoor play centre opening in June
  • My parents are away, so I'm basically living alone til the end of the month. It ain't half bad.
  • The discovery that it really does only take 10 mintues from Annabelle's house to mine (minus traffic of course)
  • Saw The Bamboos and Alice Russell live, and was so glad I wore my dancing shoes. Especially for the marching band version of 'Sexual Healing' that play between sets.
  • Totally wiped myself out by going to the Point Nepean Music Festival the next day for the Easter weekend. But it was awesome. Ben Harper, John Mayer, Missy Higgins, Ben Kweller, Ozomatli, The Waifs, Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, Taj Mahal
  • Considering the empty house and big TV, I hosted a bum nite ol' school style. Props to Eddie for her incredible apple crumble, and Ros...for wearing trackies and her year 12 rugby top! Keeping it real.
  • And, just last week I did dumplings followed by Ross Noble at the Melbourne Town Hall. "F***in TIM TAMS!!!" "Go get me two shaven wombats." Some seriously funny stuff.
  • I went to Shaun's 16th birthday party. Yes, 16. I am old. But there were two lambs on spits...meat galore. My kind of party!
Here are the few photos I have.

Alice Russell/The Bamboos @ The Espy with Al and Adele




Point Nepean Music Festival


Post dumplings, pre Noble

If you look really hard, it's Joel, Pegs, Ed, Al and Andy.
Yes, that's right, my camera's screwed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home