Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hot Hot Heat

I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by; it's been memorable, to say the least.
Recently I've been pretty busy. I've been working a reasonable amount, but quite not as much as I'd like, so the job hunt continues.
Two Thursdays ago I attended the premiere of a short film/advertisement my friend Luci made. Hers was one of two films that won the TAC "Make a Film, Make a Difference" competition. It's pretty incredible to see peers succeeding on such a high level. After the screening, Steph, Haley and I made the mistake of hanging back (but we made it up to ourselves with glorious bread, dips and lattes afterwards) to watch "The Guardian". Granted, we didn't have to pay, but...well, the film should have ended 7 times before it actually did. And yes, we counted...
Friday night was dinner on Victoria St. (don't ever go to Van Van, it sucks), followed by gelato and Taboo at May Yen's house and me arguing that durian really does smell like rotting poo.

The state's bushfires continued to intensify, and I...went to the beach. It was the much planned Christmas weekend getaway with my MLCers; good times all round. We headed up to Anglesea after lunch (the car trip involved a very loud Rage Against the Machine singalong) and went straight to the beach to catch some rays before dinner and a crazy night of exploding fondue kits (we ended up eating the chocolate off the table!), singing and dancing (nothing like a bit of James Brown to get the blood pumping), great chats (love you girls) and me sleeping in a crack (aka three people on two single beds pushed together). I also ate some of the greatest chips of my life the next day. You can check out my photos after the jump.

The next few days involved work and several dinners, with Nandos Nicole (can you please quit already?!), then May Yen, almost-exploded Emma, Janice, Sonja & Seki-Selina, followed by an extremely long and dissappointing meal with my parents and brother (word to the wise: never randomly pick a restaurant out of the entertainment book...it will end in you waiting over an hour in Wantirna for crappy food), curry with Rach & Pegs, with the weekend being rounded out by Wendy & Lyndon's housewarming and eventually an evening of talking about boobs, apricots and camp memories with Cait & Chelsea, who came up to visit me in 'the big smoke'.
I'm sad to report that Jeremy's finally left Melbourne for good, and I went to say farewell last night...good luck in Singapore mate, I'm sure I'll see you soon.

Oh yeah, can you guys leave some comments via the chatbox...say hello or something funny, I love a bit of interaction! Ok, that's all I have for the moment. I am aware that I've used entirely too many brackets in this entry, apologies, but I can't be bothered editing so just...deal. :P



"long live the weekend!"

Chickies at the Anglesea beach

Pegs and I. Quite possibly the worst (yet equally entertaining) photo EVER.

Eating chocolate fondue off the table

Drinking Baileys from ridiculous glasses.
"who knew milk could be this exciting on a Saturday night?"

Girlies after the beach

Fush n Chups

Team shot!

1 Comments:

At 1:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! LOL! That photo is horrible! I think it's even out done the "i'm melting" photo of central america & the "freezing my nuts off" photo of Canada!

When I saw that pic of us I actually I laughed out loud, which is only a problem because I'm at work atm and not supposed to be looking at photos of us being retrads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home